[NOISE] Re: NWLibs> Re: Anonymous trashing of Assassination Politics

jim bell jimbell at pacifier.com
Sun Jan 28 10:08:51 PST 1996

At 02:17 AM 1/28/96 -0800, Rich Graves wrote:

>On Sat, 27 Jan 1996, Jack Hammer wrote:
>
>> Here might be an interesting example of a snippet from a plot to commit
>> criminal syndicalism.
>
>You know, I'm not really sure whether you're kidding, ignorant, cheering,
>or warning. Frankly, I don't fucking care. You guys are all nuts. And I
>should know -- ask Clark or AlanD.

I guess I should offer a partial apology, even though I'm not really
responsible for this.  Jack Hammer is the on-air name for John Benneth, who
is a local (to me, Portland, Oregon) "moderator" for a "advertised as
controversial" radio talk call-in show.  He saw my Assassination Politics
essay a few months ago, and for a few weeks just before the November sweeps
Neilsen ratings period he was trying to bait me into calling in, thinking
I'd be a sucker for a local audience. (He _needs_ controversy to be
sucessful.)  Since then he gave up for a while, although he occasionally
snipes at me.  I assume his interest will wax and wane as various ratings
periods  come and go.

>I have saved Jim Bell's "Assassination Politics" essay, with his PGP
>signature, and soon to be a lot of other things, at
>
> http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~llurch/Not_By_Me_Not_My_Views/

Thank you.  I guess...

BTW, I sent the file to you as A16.???  That isn't a really descriptive
name.  Please change it to something more mnemonic, like ASPOL.TXT or something.

>I plan to collect as many off-the-wall conspiracy theories in this
>directory as will fit in my disk quota. And when I run out of quota, I'll
>raise it for myself.

Now, now, Rich, "Assassination Politics" is not a "conspiracy theory".  Or,
at least, it's not your classic "conspiracy theory."

>I think it's time the wacky right and wacky left started looking at each
>other's Web pages and lurking on each others' lists.

What about the wacky libertarians?  Why did you leave us out?!?  Waaaaaaahhhh!!!

> It's really funny
>putting two "Anarchist" pages, one featuring Che Guevara, the other
>featuring David Duke, side by side. Both say the guvment is out to get
>them;

I, on the other hand, am out to "get" the government.  But you'll be hearing
more about that later.

Jim Bell

Klaatu Burada Nikto

"Something is going to  happen...             Something....Wonderful!"