The Dangers of Cross-Pollinating Other Mailing Lists

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Sun Jan 28 17:42:44 PST 1996

mailing lists on messages they send to
Cypherpunks (or vice versa), we often get flooded with insults and spams
from people who don't share our views. (While I have nothing against trying
to recruit others to our views, in my opinion this is best done by
judicious writing of essays for _them_, tuned to their interests, and not
in mindless spamming of every list that might have a passing interest in
some of the topics.) We already have enough traffic here, and don't need
replies from a bunch of
other lists, be they libertarian lists, digital commerce lists, human
rights lists, or java lists. The latest example of this is the rantfest
invvolving these players: ------