"German service cuts Net access" (to Santa Cruz)

Tim Philp bplib at wat.hookup.net
Sat Jan 27 21:05:53 PST 1996

	Ernst Zuendel is the head of a neo-nazi group based in Toronto
Canada who has been to court several times for violating Canada's 'hate
speech' laws. If I remember correctly he has been convicted for publishing
this kind of stuff here in Canada.
	Mr Zuendel is, unfortunatly, one of those unsavoury causes that
free speech people are forced into defending to protect a principle. What
he is doing from an American (I assume it is American) provider is illegal
in Canada. The Canadian law is foolish and the new technology of the
Internet is proving it to be so.
	I wonder how long before the German government realizes that by
chopping of access to parts of the Internet, they are only hurting
themselves.  They will soon suffer a technological 'death by a thousand
cuts' if they continue on their present course.
	The disturbing thing about all of this is that they may become an
example of a 'successful' stratagy to combat the four modern horsemen of
the apocalypse.
Regards,
Tim Philp

For PGP Public Key, Send E-mail to: