No Subject

Hroller Anonymous Remailer hroller at c2.org
Sat Jan 27 01:16:13 PST 1996

At 01:44 PM 1/25/96 -0800, "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri at netcom.com> wrote:

>it really bugs me how much cypherpunks try to point out the "gotchas" in all
>the laws with crypto. when we become *experts* on these laws, and
>tell people why they prevent them from doing various things, we
>are actually *supporting* them.

It's not often we see an active and overt defense of ignorance.  Good work, Vladimir!  But to really avoid being contaminated by evil knowledge, I recommend the following 12-step program:

1.  Admit that you are powerless to get a clue. Print out this message for reference.

2.  Unsubscribe from Cypherpunks, and all other sources of information that might be relevant.

3.  Unsubscribe from all sources of information that probably aren't relevant, to avoid hostile agents forcing you into unwitting coercion.

4.  Read William S. Burroughs books until you begin to see your neighbors as giant cockroaches and slugs.

4a. In the event that you already see them this way, read Burroughs until they look like something else.

5.  Join as many religions as possible, so that you have incompatible memes busily protecting you from facts.

<steps 6 through 11 deleted until receipt of a note delivered by the proper techniques, to be beamed into your mind later>

12. Seal your head in a plastic bag until you suffocate.

This will protect you from such problems in the future.

Hope this helps!

Signed,
A Friend