This is not "DivineBeingPunks"

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Fri Jan 26 00:15:03 PST 1996

At 1:52 AM 1/26/96, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

>I'm sure that most people seem to believe in this quasi-Divine Being,
>of course. A lot of people seem to have constructed temples to some
>Holy Being that they refer to as "The Government", made of marble and
>steel and glass (often in the manner of temples constructed in ancient
>times to Jove or Apollo). There are strange rites associated with the
>worship and sustenance of this Divine Entity, such as the ritual
....etc. etc. etc.

Since Perry has on several occasions said he does not want to hear about
politics and other "off-topic" posts, and since he has written at least
five of these posts just today (the "Gentleman do not" thread), I suggest
he heed his own advice.

I was skipping most of these posts that Perry, Rich Graves, and others are
writing, but the hypocrisy of calling for others to not engage in
"off-topic" posts while writing five of them himself...well, it speaks for
itself.

Debating basic libertarian theory, including the rights of Divine Beings,
quasi-Divine Beings, Secular Beings, etc., is best done on another list, or
in private e-mail.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

--Tim

Boycott espionage-enabled software!