[local] Report on Portland Cpunks meeting

Bruce Baugh bruceab at teleport.com
Wed Jan 24 13:04:52 PST 1996

At 01:33 PM 1/24/96 -0500, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:

>If, on the other hand, I sign "Toxic Avenger"'s key, then what benefit is
>this for third parties?  Since Toxic Avenger is, by intention, _not_ linked
>to a real person, I'm not saying that I feel confident that this key really
>belongs to any particular real person.  What am I saying?

Over time, some nyms take on a distinct identity of their own. In fact, some
do it very quickly, a with the neo-Nazi twits now arguing in favor of
rec.music.white-power over on news.groups, some with distinct "voices". The
thought, therefore, as I imagine it would be "You don't know I am in person,
but you can count on me to be who I am, with this style and set of views,
and I say that this guy is another actual person with the same."

Bruce Baugh
bruceab at teleport.com
http://www.teleport.com/~bruceab