Crippled Notes export encryption

Dan Weinstein djw at vplus.com
Tue Jan 23 20:04:03 PST 1996

On Tue, 23 Jan 1996 10:39:03 -0500, perry at piermont.com wrote:

>Set up development shop overseas for the crypto plug-ins.
>
>The solution is obvious and easy.
>
>By the way, I really think Netscape should simply ship Jeff and other
>people to the Amsterdam office or wherever else seems reasonable and
>do all the crypto work from there. It will save trouble and
>hassle. U.S. citizens wanting full 128 bit over the net would then get
>it from Netscape's overseas download sites. No one anywhere in the
>world would be forced to use crap.

Wrong, this would be a violation of ITAR.

Dan Weinstein
djw at vplus.com
http://www.vplus.com/~djw
PGP public key is available from my Home Page.
All opinions expressed above are mine.

"I understand by 'freedom of Spirit' something quite definite -
the unconditional will to say No, where it is dangerous to say
No.
           Friedrich Nietzsche