Crippled Notes export encryption

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Tue Jan 23 13:24:23 PST 1996

At 11:23 AM 1/23/96 -0500, Rich Salz wrote:

>>By the way, I really think Netscape should simply ship Jeff and other
>>people to the Amsterdam office or wherever else seems reasonable and
>
>That won't work -- they gotta hire non-US persons to do the work.

I'm sure that all those Netscape stock option holders would be happy to
renounce their citizenship in the service of the company that made them
millionaires and if they do so before cashing in the options (and before
Willie and the Congress agree on a budget with its emigrants's tax
provisions), they can keep the proceeds tax free.  If not, I'll learn C++
and renounce in exchange for those options.

DCF

DCF