Elitism on Cypherpunks

Corey Bridges corey at netscape.com
Fri Jan 19 17:51:53 PST 1996

At 08:55 PM 1/18/96 -0800, Alan Olsen wrote:
>It has been said that "Cypherpunks write code".  They must do more than
>that.  Cypherpunks need to teach.

Just remember you brought this up...

Not all of us even write code. Some of us write (horrors!) books! Yes, my
brethren, I earn my pay as a lowly scribe. Do I code? Nope. Am I a
Cypherpunk? Christ, I don't care. I'm on this mailing list; that works fine
for me. My brain expands almost daily from contact with such seditious sods.
Do I contribute to the health and growth of this list? Maybe. Do I preach
the Cypherpunk doctrine through my work at my company? Definitely.

Just thought I'd point out that we aren't all code-monkeys. (And I mean that
in the best sense of the word.)

Corey Bridges
Security Documentation
Netscape Communications Corporation