CryptoAPI and export question

Tom Johnston tomj at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 17 18:22:38 PST 1996

Two points:  the CSP development kit is export-controlled; and signing a
CSP developed by a foreign vendor is treated as a export -- so the signature
is export-controlled.

We would ship a CSP development kit to a foreign vendor, and sign a CSP
developed by the foreign vendor, but only with the appropriate export licenses.

	-TJ