Number theory text

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jan 16 22:41:10 PST 1996

>> PS -- Going to consolidate posts here.  Can someone recommend a good
>> text for an intro to Number Theory?

When I asked this a year or so ago, somebody recommended Levecque (sp?).
Thin book published by Dover that I bought for about $4 new,
very readable and clear, and the elementary stuff has probably not
changed significantly since ~1960.  You may want something fancier
and more detailed after you finish it, but it was a good start.
Now it's time to finish that book on Group Theory :-)
#--
#				Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, stewarts at ix.netcom.com, Pager/Voicemail 1-408-787-1281
#
# "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty" used to mean us watching
# the government, not the other way around....