exposure=deterence?

Charlie Merritt cmerritt at intellinet.com
Sat Jan 13 19:42:10 PST 1996

jimbell at pacifier.com  (Jim Bell)  wrote in part:

>In my opinion, we (the ordinary members of the public) cannot consider
>ourselves to have won this encounter until the REAL enemy here, the
>government employees who targeted Zimmermann

There is a group of government employees that decided to
put William Keane on this case.  Someone(s) started sending
customs agents around the country.  Someone(s) is responsible
for making several defenders of privacy miserable.
These government employees SHOULD NOT be allowed to hide
in their government holes in complete privacy.

We need the credits now that the movie is over.
How much money was spent?  [FOI anyone?]

I am afraid that all I could provide is the name
of one Customs Special Agent.  I dont think she
is responsible for anything - she was told go interview
so-and-so and off she goes.  Who sent her?

---> How could we find out? <---

It seems correct that the NAMES of the government employees
and HOW MUCH MONEY THEY SPENT be made public.
Deterent enough.

I feel that public exposure
is enough to put fear into these anonymous government employees.
You will note that when they get the mad_bomber
some FBI guy jumps right up and takes credit, live, on TV.
But when the Air Force orders a $300 toilet seat NO ONE is credited.

Boy!  Am I pissed!

...cm