"Re: NSA says strong crypto to china??

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 8 15:59:23 PST 1996

At 10:47 AM 1/7/96 -0800, Raph Levien <raph at c2.org> wrote:
>   My best guess is that we're seeing a distortion of this
>interchange. If I were a Chinese dissident, I wouldn't want to use
>GAK, for three reasons: using US-lackey encryption is certainly not
>going to get you into any _less_ trouble than using independent
>encryption, if you used GAK you'd be working as a US spy whether you
>wanted to be or not, and finally, who says the Chinese can't decrypt
>it, especially with the rapid growth of television.

And, four, there's no guarantee the US keymasters won't burn you
to the Chinese government, if it seems useful in preserving "stability"...

#--
#				Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, stewarts at ix.netcom.com, Pager/Voicemail 1-408-787-1281
#
# "The price of liberty is eternal vigilance" used to mean us watching
# the government, not the other way around....