Crypto Rules Report

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Fri Jan 5 18:22:20 PST 1996

   "Encryption Rules Coming," about an international
   cryptography meeting in Paris, and our request for
   additional information, we have received from nobody:

      Report of the Business-Government Forum on Global
      Cryptogoraphy Policy

      Held on 19-20 December 1995 in Paris

      Detailed Report

   The report includes meeting background information, notes
   on the speakers articulation of the positions of industry
   and governments, and four annexes:

   1. List of participants (EU, US, Japan -- biz and gov);

   2. Statement of Eurobit-ITAC-ITI-JEIDA which sets out
      20 principles of global cryptographic policy;

   3. Statement by the Infosec Business Advisory Group (IBAG)
      on 17 principles of international cryptography;

   4. The Mike Nelson Policy Problem (last point: "No one
      trusts anyone.")

   It would be great if someone would provide an FTP site. It
   is about 31 kb.