More Noise Sphere Noise (simple source code)

Mutatis Mutantdis wlkngowl at unix.asb.com
Fri Jan 5 16:32:18 PST 1996

On Fri, 05 Jan 96 07:24:03, I wrote:

>Ok, no language holy wars.  This was quickie to test out
>the Noise Sphere plotting.  It's in Pascal, but it's
>understandable.

>{ Simple demo of a Noise Sphere in Turbo Pascal         }
>{ (If only I had a really awful RNG to test it with...) }

Odd... That came through on the mail/news gateway but the preceeding
article that explains what that was about didn't.... did anyone
receive it?

In case no, it's based on Clifford A. Pickover's paper "Random Number
Generators: Pretty Good Ones are Easy to Find" which doesn't deal with
useful RNGs for crypto sense, but the paper does explain ways to
visually represent RNGs so that seemingly good RNGs show their awful
correlations, etc.

My previous post that should have showed up mentioned that these
methods might be useful for checking out crypto functions (hashes,
pRNGs, ciphers).

The full reference is The Visual Computer (1995) 11:369-377, Springer
Verlag, 1995.