\"Concryption\"

attila attila at primenet.com
Fri Jan 5 00:20:38 PST 1996

On Thu, 4 Jan 1996 anonymous at freezone.remailer wrote:

> Does anyone understand what this "Concryption" really is? Reading the
> press blurbs, it could be nothing more than simply compressing the
> stream before encrypting it. A patent on that idea would be rather
> awkward.

	thought that myself when I first read it -- did that at least 15
    years with the standard unix compress --broke compress into a single
    library module, fed itfrom the input buffer and directly fed it to an
    RSA style paired key unit and streamed it out whereever specified
    --yes, it was far more efficient than two programs --and that was on
    my VAXEN (780)!

	however, I guess they think they have reinvented the world and no
    one ever tried to patent the process. patents are not worth the paper
    they are printed on in general --I stopped filing in 1975. I was
    supporting ignorant patent lawyers who could not even write the
    claims! That, and feds took away a nuber of patents in the national
    interest, which of course they deny as they scrubbed the rcords
    clean....

	so, let's see if he can enforce it!
    go not unto usenet for advice, for the inhabitants thereof will say:
      yes, and no, and maybe, and I don't know, and fuck-off.