DOS/Windows remailer chaining

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 4 00:26:36 PST 1996

At 09:27 PM 1/2/96 +0100, nobody at REPLAY.COM (Anonymous) wrote:
>Cypherpunks write code. With that phrase and the wave of attempts to
>censor the 'Net, I've embarked on a quest to make remailers easier to use.
>
>Has anyone written an easy to use Windows or DOS application that will let
>someone chain a message through several remailers, perhaps with support
>for the mailer at alpha.c2.org?

Yup.  Private Idaho, www.eskimo.com/~joelm/ does just that,
along with calling PGP to do things you commonly want done.

>Would the writer of such a program, if in the US fall under the provisions
>in ITAR? Obviously, calls to the PGP program would have to be made. I
>recall reading that such hooks do fall under the ITAR. If this is true, so
>much for a more user friendly version of chain for the masses.

Depends on whether it's a "component" of an encryption system or not.
But if you're not doing PGP, no problem at all (except of course that
_real_ remailers only talk encrypted....)
#--
#				Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, stewarts at ix.netcom.com, Pager/Voicemail 1-408-787-1281
#
# "The price of liberty is eternal vigilance" used to mean us watching
# the government, not the other way around....