Netcom censoring alt.* ?

Mark Hittinger bugs at ritz.mordor.com
Tue Jan 2 22:17:33 PST 1996

I don't think thats the case.  I'm the senior admin at the Dallas backup
site for Netcom.  I'm setting up several backup news servers here and we
aren't doing any alt.* censorship.  "alt" groups are still sucking up lots
of bandwidth and gigs :-).

On the other hand the San Jose site has had a lot of power problems and
news software problems to contend with lately (hence the idea of a "backup"
site for netcom :-) )   Maybe you are branching to a conclusion?

Now if there was only a way to tie the scientology thing in with the alt.*
censorship conspiracy.

Regards,

Mark Hittinger
Netcom/Dallas