Guerilla Internet Service Providers

Jay Holovacs holovacs at styx.ios.com
Tue Jan 2 20:00:18 PST 1996

On Tue, 2 Jan 1996, Ed Carp [khijol SysAdmin] wrote:

> Why isn't outer space realistic?  We already have store-and-forward
> packet radio systems in AMSAT satellites - they usually hitch a ride up
> with a commercial satellite.
> - --
Commercial satallites have land based corporate owners. Remember the
success that Alabama had a few years ago pulling the plug on a New York
based softporn tv satellite distribution system. They simply went after the
assets of the satellite companies and got quick cooperation.

Jay Holovacs <holovacs at ios.com>
PGP Key fingerprint =  AC 29 C8 7A E4 2D 07 27  AE CA 99 4A F6 59 87 90
 (KEY id 1024/80E4AA05) email me for key