A brief comparison of email encryption protocols

Carl Ellison cme at cybercash.com
Thu Feb 29 14:40:30 PST 1996

At 12:01 2/29/96, Laurence Lundblade wrote:
>I think a problem occurs when you have 20 billion of
>these certs (two for every person in the year 2010 or such).  A simple hash
>into a table isn't going to cut it because you a single database (with
>replication?) isn't going to be possible.

BTW, at the rate that memory gets cheaper and smaller, it might be quite
reasonable to have that single database fit alongside your daily appointments
in your shirt-pocket daily organizer and e-mail terminal, in 2010.

|Carl M. Ellison          cme at cybercash.com   http://www.clark.net/pub/cme |
|CyberCash, Inc., Suite 430                   http://www.cybercash.com/    |
|2100 Reston Parkway           PGP 2.6.2: 61E2DE7FCB9D7984E9C8048BA63221A2 |
|Reston, VA 22091      Tel: (703) 620-4200                                 |