PGP to PC mail integration

Matts Kallioniemi matts at pi.se
Thu Feb 29 13:49:16 PST 1996

At 08:54 1996-02-28 -0500, lmccarth at cs.umass.edu wrote:
>Mike Ingle writes:
>> Instead of messing with user interfaces,
>
>I wrote:
># Would you be stuck if you wanted to send something unsigned and/or
># unencrypted ?
>
>Matts writes:
>% Nope. The VB program should give a popup window where you can enter your
>% passphrase to sign/decrypt the message. Such a popup can have a <NO> button
>% if you don't want it to do its thing.
>
>Sure sounds like a user interface to me. <shrug>

Sure, what did you expect? A program that obtains your pass phrase without a
user interface?!? That would be a neat hack if you could pull it off. Should
it do mind reading, or just crack the pass phrase by brute force?

Seriously, the idea here is that the pgp front end shouldn't deal with the
user interface in your present mail program. Nobody (before you) have
considered doing it completely without a user interface.

Matts