ViaCryptPGP 4.0?! (was Re: PGP integrated into Z-Mail)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 28 16:00:30 PST 1996

> I would have thought you and Colin would have some communication with
> Phil regarding PGP3, since PGP is his trademark.

Colin and I have been speaking to Phil.  That doesn't mean that I have
any idea what ViaCrypt is doing.  Perhaps Phil and ViaCrypt should
talk?  If there is a problem with ViaCrypt 4.0, it is between Phil and
ViaCrypt.

> The web page referred to it as being in beta, so maybe they are
> working with the old specs... could also be that they completely
> rewrote and improved on the old version.

I have nothing to do with ViaCrypt.  I dont know anything about their
products.  I don't know what they have or plan to have in their 4.0
version.  I dont know what spec they are using.  I dont know what new
data structures they have created.

-derek