ViaCryptPGP 4.0?! (was Re: PGP integrated into Z-Mail)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 28 10:13:23 PST 1996

> Odd. I remember a prototype API spec being posted to c'punks last
> year.  (Or was that something else?)

What you saw was a prior incarnation of PGP3.  What we have does look
farily similar to that old spec.  But I think that the new spec is a
lot easier to understand and use.  Hopefully the spec will get to a
state where it can be released for public consumption really soon.

> And, what does this have to do with ViaCrypt PGP 4.0? Would it be 3.0
> compatible or is it something entirely different?

I dont know.  I dont work for ViaCrypt, and they have been fairly
secretive in their work.  For all I know, they've made ViaCrypt PGP
4.0 completely incompatible with PGP 2.6.2 and PGP3.

-derek