Windows ssh -- this mail was written with it

Tatu Ylonen ylo at ssh.fi
Tue Feb 27 20:33:55 PST 1996

Secveral people have been asking recently about
the status of my windows SSH client.

Well, this mail is being written with it.  I have
finally had time to work on it almost full time
for the last week, and it is finally starting to
work.  The basic protocol is now in farirluy good
condition.  Terminal emulation has been written
(it is VT102, tested to work with vttest)), but
the emulator hasn't been merged to Windows yet
(that should be a couple of days work, max)).

Channel forwarding code is not yet ready, but
probably will in a couple of weeks.

I will probably make a pre-alpha test distribution
in very near future so that people can get some
hands-on experience with it.  (Eithher stiill durring
this week, or alternatively soon after IETF which
will be next week.  BTW, I wiill give a presentation
on SSH at the IETF.=)

Anyway, this was just to give quick update Ö:-)

(Sorry for the typos in this message, since
emulation is not yet iintegrated it is hard to
edit, and also key mappings won't work properly
until I get the emulatoor in - hopelfully really
really soon.)

    Tatu