Java configurability

Simon Spero ses at tipper.oit.unc.edu
Sun Feb 25 23:42:54 PST 1996

Are you subscribed to coderpunks - this sounds very much like the
SolidOak project on we're working on; this uses embedded singatures to
authenticate bodies which vouch for the integrity of a class and it's
referenced sub-classes. The current spec doesn't have dates for expiry in
there, and doesn't really have versions for referenced classes (needs
exact hashes), but does support signatures being added by multiple
authorites at different times. It uses the Dns from the signatures as
extra keys into the ACL.

I have to demo the currently speced system next week; after that I'll be
trying to merge the spec with another simiar scheme to give a common
standard for signed java classes; I'll try and post the spec as it
currently stands tommorow when I'm at my dragon and can correct a few bits
that got changed during implementation.

Simon

---
They say in  online country             So which side are you on boys
There is no middle way                  Which side are you on
You'll either be a Usenet man           Which side are you on boys
Or a thug for the CDA                   Which side are you on?
  National Union of Computer Operatives; Hackers, local 37   APL-CPIO