"E-Money" is trademarked

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Fri Feb 23 23:30:45 PST 1996

At 5:54 AM 2/24/96, Jim Miller wrote:
>FYI, I learned tonight that Electronic Funds Clearinghouse, Inc., holds
>the trademark "E-Money" which is licensed to E-Money, Inc. a Delaware
>
>Corporation.  See the Web page http://www.efunds.com
>
>I guess I will have to rename my E-Money mini-FAQ.

I guess we're left with "D-marks" (D for digital...).

I can only hope that someone soon trademarks the stupid "e$" and thus
enjoins the rest of us from using it.

(On a serious note, yet another example that the American copyrighting and
patenting engine is overrevving.)

--Tim

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!