Digital Signature Legislation

E. ALLEN SMITH EALLENSMITH at ocelot.Rutgers.EDU
Thu Feb 22 15:42:27 PST 1996

	I find it interesting to note that Dr. Biddle's concerns on the
economic aspects of the legislation are almost the reverse of those on the
cypherpunks list. For instance, he is concerned about too much liability by
the consumer (and I would agree that the "strict liability" rather than
"negligence" model is a problem). The concern on the list has been that there
is too much liability for the CA, given the potential of unlimited liability
for all transactions such as Dr. Biddle appears to be favoring.
	-Allen