A Challenge (perhaps!)

KarL MarX karlmarx at illumini.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 22 06:52:18 PST 1996

Hi!

My friend has just written a new crypto program that he is trying to get
included on a PC Magazine CD-ROM over here...

I don't know too much about it at the moment, but he said he thought it
would be a good idea to see if anyone on this list could crack it and thus
help to make it more secure. I don't know too much about it ATM...

I know it doesn't exercise key technology and relies on the secrecy of the
algorithm (which from my very limited knowledge on cryptography I think makes
it almost doomed from the start (?))... I have some ciphertext of this
application but apart from that I have nothing else... Would anyone have any
objectiosn to this being posted to the list? If not, could someone tell me
what I should post to the list, plaintext and resulting ciphertext, would
that be enough, or shoudl I post some info on the algorithms as well ???

The application is written in Visual Basic and I could probably get a copy
of the compiled (well VB is actually interpreted, but that's neither here or
there) .EXE file....

--
Karl Marx