No Subject

owner-cypherpunks at toad.com owner-cypherpunks at toad.com
Wed Feb 21 01:58:26 PST 1996

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Tim Philp wrote:

> 	The issue that I have not seen you address is one that has been
> brought up by several posters to this thread. This issue has to do with
> the fact that if you generate all of the keys (or whatever) what is to
> stop someone from offering one of your employees a LARGE bribe to cough up
> the keys?

Not to mention GAK.  No bribe needed - just a "suit" showing up with what
looks like a court order.
Ed Carp, N7EKG    			Ed.Carp at linux.org, ecarp at netcom.com
					214/993-3935 voicemail/digital pager
					800/558-3408 SkyPager
Finger ecarp at netcom.com for PGP 2.5 public key		an88744 at anon.penet.fi

"Past the wounds of childhood, past the fallen dreams and the broken families,
through the hurt and the loss and the agony only the night ever hears, is a
waiting soul.  Patient, permanent, abundant, it opens its infinite heart and
asks only one thing of you ... 'Remember who it is you really are.'"

                    -- "Losing Your Mind", Karen Alexander and Rick Boyes

The mark of a good conspiracy theory is its untestability.
		    -- Andrew Spring