Remailers not heard from; info?

lmccarth at cs.umass.edu lmccarth at cs.umass.edu
Tue Feb 20 02:02:18 PST 1996

Bruce Baugh writes:
> And as long as I'm asking questions :-), I see that some remailers
> (hfinney at shell.portal.com, hal at alumni.caltech.edu, homer at rahul.net) preserve
> subject lines while others do not. Is this a readily settable option? If so,
> I'd like to commend it to other remailer operators. If not, I'd be
> interested in getting some sense of how difficult a hack it is.

(Raph has authoritatively covered the space of deployed options already.)

Writing code to keep or drop particular headers is trivial. Getting everyone
who runs a remailer to deploy that code tends to be much harder.

-Lewis	"You're always disappointed, nothing seems to keep you high -- drive
	your bargains, push your papers, win your medals, fuck your strangers;
	don't it leave you on the empty side ?"  (Joni Mitchell, 1972)