Internet Privacy Guaranteed ad (POTP Jr.)

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Mon Feb 19 22:26:42 PST 1996

At 20:01 2/19/96, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

>Are you refering to rotors, by any chance? Rotors are World War II era
>technology. Of course, who can even guess what you are talking
>about. You make about as much sense as the people handing out xeroxed
>pamphlets on the street corner informing all comers about the fact
>that they are being controlled by aliens.

I think what he means is that they use virtual rotors built out of very
long primes. I.e., write down n very long primes, one per line. Shift each
prime number by a the number of positions indicated in an m by n key. Pick
a column. Read the column top to bottom. Use the resulting number to xor
with your cleartext of lenght <= n. If the cleartext is > n, use the next
column(s) as well.

Just a guess.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.