Online Zakat Payment: Religious tithe.

Alan Horowitz alanh at infi.net
Sun Feb 18 22:18:57 PST 1996

Sean,

Women's place in Islam is just fine. The problem is that _Arabs_ like to
define their ages-old cultural suppression of woman as Islamic. Which it is
not.

YOu in England are dealing with an unrepresentative sample of the Islamic
world. May I suggest a few weeks of traveling through Java and Mindanao,
to see another side of the coin.

The crusaders liked to define their thuggery and thievery in the Balkans
and middle East as being driven by Christian imperatives. Should we say
that the Crusader's *actions* were a good definition of "christian
principles"?

Alan Horowitz
alanh at norfolk.infi.net