True random numbers

maruishi at netcom.com maruishi at netcom.com
Sat Feb 17 14:36:46 PST 1996

I think you are probably right when you say that it is not truely random.
I don't think I thought about it very much, but this method does produce
a kind of a pseudo random numbers.
    But I think it would be really hard to simulate this method because
if you send data to a network way out there in Europe then all the
machines in between can cause the tranmission to slow down or spend up
depending on the type of lines nad CPU load etc...
    There are so many variables that although this may not "random", it
"appears" to have a good engough entropy and I don't think there is a
cycle or period, at least none that I can notice.

maruishi at netcom.com