True random numbers

maruishi at netcom.com maruishi at netcom.com
Sat Feb 17 12:47:02 PST 1996

I was trying to think of a way to come up with true random numbers...
And knowing a bit of UNIX socket TCP/IP programming I made a small little
program that generates random numbers by measuring the mili-second timing ies a TCP packet to bounce back, from another network.
  My program simply send some data to port 7 (echo port) of a network on an internal list. Then timing it, randomly picks a different network to send to.

 I was wondering if this would be helpful to anyone for generating random key or whatever.

If you want the source code please post a request or e-mail me. If you think for some reason that using this method is a bad idea, I would like to know.

maruishi at netco.com