news of the world (fwd)

Rev. Ben samman-ben at CS.YALE.EDU
Fri Feb 16 15:36:02 PST 1996

  China orders Internet users to register

   BEIJING - In its latest move to control the flow of information, China
   on Wednesday ordered all those who use the Internet and other
   international computer networks to register with the police within 30
   days. China embarked on a broad crackdown on Internet users and other
   sources of information potentially harmful to government interests in
   December.

Oh well.

Ben.
____
Ben Samman..............................................samman at cs.yale.edu
"If what Proust says is true, that happiness is the absence of fever, then
I will never know happiness. For I am possessed by a fever for knowledge,
experience, and creation."                                      -Anais Nin
PGP Encrypted Mail Welcomed      Finger samman at powered.cs.yale.edu for key
Want to give a soon-to-be college grad a job?         Mail me for a resume