A Cyberspace Independence Refutation

lmccarth at cs.umass.edu lmccarth at cs.umass.edu
Fri Feb 16 03:10:34 PST 1996

lunaslide writes:
> One think does stand to reason though, when govt gets in the way of
> business, govt eventually gets run over.  Regulating the net in content
> brings them one step closer to obsolescence.  The govt is not yet in it's
> death throwes, but it has seen it's own fate.  The net regulation is one
> more feeble attempt at avoiding destiny.

The interests of business are not nearly coincident with my interests,
although there is some nontrivial overlap. This is unfortunate but not
surprising, IMHO.

-Lewis	"You're always disappointed, nothing seems to keep you high -- drive
	your bargains, push your papers, win your medals, fuck your strangers;
	don't it leave you on the empty side ?"  (Joni Mitchell, 1972)