Firewall USA to Firewall China

Arun Mehta amehta at doe.ernet.in
Thu Feb 15 14:04:02 PST 1996

> Hmm, I'd argue that firewall technology would indeed let China
> filter out many "subversive" thoughts on the Internet.

All it needs is for someone to broadcast Usenet via satellite over Asia,
as Pagesat does in the US, or use radio. No firewall can keep that out.

Arun Mehta, B-69 Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi-24, India. Phone 6841172,6849103
amehta at doe.ernet.in a.mehta at axcess.net.in amehta at cerf.net
http://mahavir.doe.ernet.in/~pinaward/arun.htm
"I do not want my house to be walled in on all sides and my windows to be
stuffed. I want the cultures of all the lands to be blown about my house
as freely as possible. But I refuse to be blown off my feet by any."--Gandhi