fortune and predictions...

jim bell jimbell at pacifier.com
Thu Feb 15 06:40:42 PST 1996

At 08:55 PM 2/14/96 -0500, Jean-Francois Avon (JFA Technologies, QC, Canada)
wrote:
>GREETINGS!
>
>>(BTW, why don't you  respond to the list?)
>
>Actually, I just did.  I was tempted to mail the stuff directly to you but
then,
>I realised that you might have interpreted what I said as a threat.

Huh? I didn't even notice.   Well, I guess after a few months of promoting
"Assassination Politics", I'm so thick-skinned that nothing fazes me anymore.

>So I posted it
>publicly. (Isn't CPunks about being untrustfull... :)

The reason I'd prefer most of the discussion on the list is simple:  I have
a limited amount of time, and I'm promoting an idea.  If you have a good
argument that I should be able to address, I want everyone to have the
benefit not only of your comment but also my response!

>I brought an argument in my post.  I could develop it further on private
e-mail with you.

I'll read it.  However, my mail has slowed to a trickle today.  There's
something wrong, somewhere.  It'll come flooding in, in a few hours I'll bet.

>You will certainly understand my argument.  I'd be delighted if you can
prove me wrong.

We shall see...