Kurt Buff (Volt Comp) a-kurtb at microsoft.com
Thu Feb 15 06:39:19 PST 1996

>}The United States is a sovereign nation. Do you dispute that ? The
>}constitution is a binding agreement between the government and its
>citizens
>}that determines how that sovereignty will be exercised, the elements in
>which
>}the nation will not interfere with citizens, and the duties which it will
>}carry out.

Haven't read much Lysander Spooner, or merely ignoring him?

If the former, try his essay:

No Treason: The Consitution of No Authority.

You can find it on the web, just use your favorite spider/whatever.

If the Constitution is a binding agreement, show me where I signed. A
contract requires two things of which I am aware (maybe some others that I
am not, since IANAL :-) - Agreement by all signatories, and performance. We
have at least one missing item in that list. If you wish to make the
argument that since I have paid taxes, I have agreed, then I will most
heartily beg to differ. I pay under protest, sometimes silent, sometimes
not, but never do I pay willingly.

If on the other hand you wish to argue from different grounds, I will
listen. But, with all due respect for your opinions (which is considerable,
actually) I expected better.

Kurt