TEN_ysp

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Tue Feb 13 17:36:31 PST 1996

   2-13-96. NYT:

   "New Spynet Links C.I.A. and Envoys."

      The C.I.A. is planning to buy commercial comm gear, put
      an encrypting scrambler on it, and give diplomats in
      Bosnia and elsewhere the ability to receive adulterated
      facts that it previously had been unwilling or unable to
      share except with enemies. Soon, diplomats will be up to
      speed with spying foreign correspondents, many of
      whom have portable comm gear combining sat phones and
      computer ports. "We have our own classified Internet in
      the intelligence community, with home pages just like
      you do on the Internet," gurgled a spy-leaker to this
      reporter-siphon -- who already knew by spying browsers
      and snooping search engines what the dagger-gagger
      duhhed.

   TEN_ysp