Off topic - research query

Mark Neely accessnt at ozemail.com.au
Tue Feb 13 22:52:54 PST 1996

Howdy from Australia.

I am in the process of doing some research for an
article on our present bandwidth difficulties in
Oz.

As a side issue, I wanted to cover the "overhead"
factor inherent in the TCP/IP (v4?) protocol
which I understand is reduced under the proposed IPv.6 protocol.

I'd also like to discuss the "unfriendly" manner in which
web browsers such as Netscape hog resources by sending multiple
port access requests.

Can anyone point me towards recent papers which deal with these
issues?

TIA

Mark
___
Mark Neely - accessnt at ozemail.com.au
Lawyer, Professional Cynic
Author: Australian Beginner's Guide to the Internet
Work-in-Progress: Australian Business Guide to the Internet
WWW: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~accessnt