Encryption software

Anonymous nobody at mockingbird.alias.net
Mon Feb 12 09:12:18 PST 1996

medea at alpha.c2.org (Medea) wrote:

>  I was telling a friend that I was going to buy a program similar to PC
>Anywhere to be able to communicate between my computer at home and the one
>at the office.  He suggested trying to find a similar program which includes
>encryption.
>  Anyone know of such a program?

I'd use: Linux + ssh + dosemu

You can run your text-based messy-dos programs remotely; I do it all the
time.

If your work computer is not on a tcp/ip network already, then you'll need
to use slip/ppp over the modem, which isn't hard.  Just read the dip manual
and/or pppd man page, it tells you how to set up a slip/ppp account.  Ssh
takes care of all the encryption for your logins and file transfers (scp).