"feudal" states and national destiny

attila attila at primenet.com
Sun Feb 11 00:16:45 PST 1996

	I don't wish to get this one going on c-punks, but you will see
    shortly just how quickly the "feudal" national powers are going to
    be able to erect national firewalls.

	We are entirely dependent on AT&T, Sprint, MCI, British Telcom,
    and so on for nation to nation or region to region communications
    --and they in turn are entriely dependent on the various national
    governments for the _franchise_ to "enter" or operate within the
    country.

	telephone lines are a trickle of information --the old uucp
    when I complained when the daily _total_ traffic exceed 2 megabyte
    and the heydey of TrailBlazers.  today it's 154 Mb/sec trunks, and
    they are bogging down. the governments regulate these lines and
    outside the U.S. most governments own these lines.

	satellites are another perfect example; the governments control
    the franchises for the up and down links and the allocation of
    frequencies. and, who controls the satellite launches? Even the
    European consortium is controlled --forget the Chinese and the
    Russians!

	Is the government doing something illegal vis a vis
    communications policy (other than the obliteration of free speech with
    CDA)?  No, but it is obvious they will, since the CDA or whatever is
    their intent and they have the power to enforce their intent --if
    nothing else by invoking FEMA, which a cornered Clinton might do.

	the extremists are almost always ignored. we are certainly viewed
    as extremists. nobody took the Libertarian party seriously until
    Howard Stern ran for governor of NY --and that was the circus of Will
    Rogers, not a political platform. Years of cooperative political
    graft (the interest in the status quo) has made the two party system
    the only __succeedable__ political system in the U.S.

	eventually, only violent revolution of the masses succeeds --men
    of rational thoughts and wise counsel are easily suppressed, if not
    eliminated.

        As for the dreamers who believe the government is or will NOT
    do (be doing) something illegal, the line forms to the right for
    reeducation.

    go not unto usenet for advice, for the inhabitants thereof will say:
      yes, and no, and maybe, and I don't know, and fuck-off.

    To be a ruler of men, you need at least 12 inches....
    There is no safety this side of the grave.  Never was; never will be.