Req. for soundbites

Bill Frantz frantz at netcom.com
Sat Feb 10 11:54:07 PST 1996

>A local TV station has asked me for an interview, after I sent a graphic
>of a mono-digital hand gesture with the phrase "censor this!" to the Prez,
>Veep, and the area congresscritters (cc'd to 2 TV stations and a radio
>station), accompanied by a 'confession' and demand for swift prosecution.
>
>Anyone got any nifty sound bites I can try to toss in?

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to
conscience, above all liberties."

"Though all the winds of doctrine were let loose to play upon the earth, so
Truth be in the field, we do injuriously, by licensing and prohibiting, to
misdoubt her strength.  Let her and Falsehood grapple; who ever knew Truth
put to the worse, in a free and open encounter?"

Both are John Milton, Areopagitica (1644)

And theis .sig:
Arun Mehta, B-69 Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi-24, India. Phone 6841172,6849103
amehta at doe.ernet.in a.mehta at axcess.net.in amehta at cerf.net
http://mahavir.doe.ernet.in/~pinaward/arun.htm
"I do not want my house to be walled in on all sides and my windows to be
stuffed. I want the cultures of all the lands to be blown about my house
as freely as possible. But I refuse to be blown off my feet by any."--Gandhi

Bill