Free Speech Mirrors hit Toronto Star

Tim Philp bplib at wat.hookup.net
Sat Feb 10 02:09:22 PST 1996

On Thu, 8 Feb 1996 lmccarth at cs.umass.edu wrote:

> Tim Philp writes:
> > 	Canada's largest newspaper, The Toronto Star today published an
> > account of the Ernst Zundel affair in the Fast Forward Section of the
> > paper. Net columnist K. K. Campbell, in what looks like a 1500 word
> > article, (I didn't count them) gives a good account of the German attempt
> > to censor the Internet. He even mentions the fact that the MIT mirror was
> 							 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > ordered removed, but gives no details.
>   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Is this a reporting error, or did I miss something ?

The paragraph in question was as follows:

"The EFC says at least 10 mirrors sites have appeared, including ones at
Carnegie Mellon University, Stanford University, and MIT. (The one at the
University of Massachusetts was ordered removed.)"

I don't know the truth of this statement but the article was very
anti-censorship and struck a pro-freedom stance.

K.K. Campbell, the author of the piece, is eye weekly's net.editor and
Webmaster (http://www.interlog.com/eye)

Tim Philp

For PGP Public Key, Send E-mail to:
pgp-public-keys at swissnet.ai.mit.edu