Zimermann Legal Defense Fund

Alan Olsen alano at teleport.com
Fri Feb 9 19:16:34 PST 1996

At 06:07 PM 2/9/96 -0700, Philip L. Dubois wrote:

>I agreed up front not to bill for all my time, and judging from
>the rate of current contributions, it now appears that the Defense
>Fund will cover the fees and costs that I billed.  I would like to
>see these other lawyers receive some compensation for their efforts.
>Accordingly, all donations to the Zimmermann Legal Defense Fund
>mailed, authorized, or generally "made" (as opposed to "received")
>after midnight local time on 14 February 1996 will be distributed
>among these other lawyers to defray their costs and, if possible,
>to compensate them for a little of their time.
>
>I make this announcement because people contributing to the Fund
>have a right to know that Mr. Zimmermann's actual defense costs
>are now covered and that additional donations will go to lawyers
>who agreed to work for free and who were absolutely essential to
>the defense.

Remember that nothing says "Thanks" like Cash!  Don't forget the people who
donated their time and efforts in keeping Phil out of jail and cryptography
that much more free.
---
Alan Olsen -- alano at teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l alano at teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon
"I, Caligula Clinton... In the name of the Senate and the people of Rome!"
   - Bill Clinton signing the CDA with the First Amendment bent over.