E-Mail security

A. Padgett Peterson, P.E. Information Security PADGETT at hobbes.orl.mmc.com
Fri Feb 9 11:00:09 PST 1996

> The Sun Observer -- "An Independent Journal Devoted to the
> Sun and Compatible Markets" -- ran an article in the Feb 96
> issue entitled "New technology eliminates need for keys to
> encrypt e-mail messages".

Well I consider PGP to be "Good Enough" (C - quantum economics). And
with the new "enclyptor", encrypt/decrypt from Windoze is just
a clipboard away. Seems like there are two kinds of crypto/firewalls/???
these days: those that are like French cars with beautiful GUIs and a
4 cyl engine, and the American ones with great drivetrains and terrible
coachwork (why is purple so popular ?). And then there was the Facel-Vega
HK-500...
						Warmly,
							Padgett