cypherpunks press

lunaslide at loop.com lunaslide at loop.com
Fri Feb 9 09:56:02 PST 1996

>ecarp at netcom.com sez:
<rm for brevity>

>My feeling is that Mitnick getting past security, and Mitnick not having
>to decrypt at every stage, and stuff like that is good material, but these
>topics generally have big ol' love handles attached to them. Describing
>people's hot tub parties, for example, is not exactly cypherpunk material.

<more snippin'>

>I am imagine many people use (and I am headed this way) nntp.hks.net merely
>to avoid large boring non crypto/political threads. Not everyone has this
>capability, and now some of them have left because of the S/N. I'm talking
>about real cryptographers, not weekend warriors like, well, ok I'm more like
>a yearend warrior.On the other hand, Alice and others haven't posted lately,
>so perhaps the noise is just the fill-the-vacuum pheonominon.
>
>> Why don't you go and write some code?  Put those busy fingers to better
>
>Perhaps he is. I am. Are you?

I am too, but the other half of my major is philosophy.  I can't help BSing
about the social issues too.....which seems to be common on the list.
Perhaps there is a compromise since there seem to be interests on the part
of both parties?  Like cypherpunks-tech at toad,com.  Any words?

lunaslide

On the meridian of time there is no injustice, only the poetry of motion
creating the illusion of truth and drama.
                                                Henry Miller