personal web proxy?

Joe Block jpb at miamisci.org
Thu Feb 8 05:32:05 PST 1996

>Does anyone know whether there's a freely available web proxy available
>anywhere? Even a "personal" one somewhere on my ISP's UNIX box would be a
>simple way to beat superficial logging/resolution of my static IP.
>Something like the Nutscapify or Canadianizer proxies, minus all the
>blinking and "hoser, eh?" stuff.

The CERN webserver can be configured to run in proxy mode.  It can also
cache requests so that if multiple people are using it (better from the
hide me point of view), response time is actually better for pages that
more of them are reading.

There are several others, but I've only personally run CERN.

Joseph Block <jpb at miamisci.org>

"We can't be so fixated on our desire
 to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans ..."
 -- Bill Clinton  (USA TODAY, 11 March 1993, page 2A)
PGP 2048bit-Fingerprint: F8 A2 A5 15 56 42 9B 16  3F BD 57 0F 8A ED E3 21
No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.