Likely application for high-bandwidth proxies (fwd)

lmccarth at cs.umass.edu lmccarth at cs.umass.edu
Wed Feb 7 17:20:37 PST 1996

attila writes:
> 	on a little more serious point; the use of multiple high
>     bandwidth proxies is fast becoming essential
[...]
>     The only clinker is
>     the big sites are startig to require registration with legal warnings
>     --next of course is payment and they want a credit card --not a check
>     or cybercash --a credit card for open debit.

This makes it harder for transitory proxies, but not for fairly permanent
ones, I suspect. An outfit like C2 could presumably register with a corporate
credit card. Its proxy then carries connections paid-as-you-go with e$, or
paid in chunks in advance with a check.

-Lewis	"Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage" -Smashing P'kins